A new episode of Social Media Video Podcast titled “How to Add a Facebook Page Admin â€“ SMVP 8” has just been released!
How to Add a Facebook Page Admin â€“ SMVP 8
In this episode of Social Media Video Podcast, we explain how you can add additional Page Admins to your Facebook Business page, as well as explain the differences in their roles.
Step by step, how to add a Facebook Page Admin
As of the writing of this, Facebook is beginning to roll out a new Page design, so Iâ€™ve tried to make the instructions work for both formats.
- Click Edit Page or the Settings tab at the top.
- Select Manage Admin Roles or Admin Roles.
- If the new page admin is your friend, you can begin typing their name into empty box, or else you can type their email address. This behavior also depends on if you are logged in as yourself, or â€œas the page.â€
- Select the level of admin you want to assign to this person from the drop down under the name/email box.
- Click Save. You will be asked to enter your Facebook password to confirm.
What are The different kinds of Page Admins?
There are several levels of Page admin on Facebook business pages. Choose the correct level for each person you add, and make sure you trust them. It can be tricky to deduce who may have made a change if someone posts something you havenâ€™t approved.
In order of lest control to most control. Each level includes all functions of the levels above.
- Insights Analyst â€“ This person can only see your page insights (stats). They can not change anything or create posts.
- Advertiser â€“ In addition to viewing insights, an advertiser has the ability to create ads for your page. This includes sidebar add and promoted posts as well as other kinds of ads.
- Moderator â€“ A moderator can send messages directly to â€œfansâ€ and other pages can respond to and delete comments. But they can NOT create new posts.
- Content Creator â€“ This is the most common level I think youâ€™ll wind up assigning others. This level can create and delete posts, edit the page details such as description, profile and cover photos, and add or remove apps to the page.
- Manager â€“ This person has complete control of all aspects
Related Links: How to add a Facebook page admin