What is a Client Testimonial Video?
A client testimonial video is one of the most powerful types of marketing videos you can produce, or have produced for you. I don't mean the kind on TV you see with the fine print that says “actor portrayal” â€“ I mean genuine, honest, REAL clients of yours, singing your praises on video for the entire web to see.
Option #1 – Shoot Your Own Client Testimonial Video
So, how do you get videos of client testimonials on video? One way, is to do them yourself, one-at-a-time at your place of business with as many people as will participate. This may help with quantity â€“ if you can get them to agree to do it, and get them to say something cohesive. It's been said that public speaking is the number one fear people have, do you know how to make them comfortable in front of the camera? Plus, if you didn't warn them it was going to happen, they're likely to be extra nervous.
Option # 2 – Hire a Professional to Record and Edit your Client Testimonial Video
Hiring a professional is much better than trying to do it yourself. A Professional videographer with experience in client testimonials is going to have several advantages:
- _ A professional videographer will know how to make your client comfortable._ A video professional with experience is going to know how to engage in a conversation with the client, and help them to feel like they are talking to a person, and not to a camera â€“ and the audience beyond.
- A professional videographer knows what to listen for. And how to get it. A professional video producer with experience in client testimonial videos is going to know what you are looking for and need in your testimonial. There are ways to ask questions to get the kinds of answers that look and sound good on video. You want the testimonial to tell a story â€“ to have a beginning, a middle, and an end.
- A professional video editor can separate the wheat from the chaff. A client testimonial video is ideally under two minutes. But how do you deal with a client who rambles on for 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or even longer? Or how to do you deal with a client whose testimonial is told out of order? A professional editor with experience in client testimonial video production, like the interviewer, is going to know what kinds of information is go to best represent you, the business owner. They also know that the person who gave the testimonial wants to look good in the video. Having a professional video editor will not only help your client testimonial video make you look good, but it will help convince your clients to participate. You can reassure them that the professional production company you are hiring knows how to make them â€“ your client â€“ look good, too.
- A professional editor can make your video finished. A professional video editor isn't just going to deliver your edited video, they are going to make sure it is an extension of your brand, through inclusion of your logo, website address, phone number, etc.
- A professional video production company knows how to deliver your video. Today, in the internet age, its not about delivering a DVD copy of all the finished edits, a professional video production company needs to understand how you want the video delivered to your potential audience and leads. A few video productions companies are learning that the way to deliver your marketing video is through your website and your social media channels, and they should help you through this process. Most social media channels now allow “administrators” or “managers” on your company page. A professional video marketing company is going to make sure you help them deliver your videos for you. You don't want to be bothered with FTP, and uploading your video, especially if you are not technically inclined.
- A professional video marketing company will help you get found. A professional video marketing company will also understand SEO â€“ Search Engine Optimization â€“ and make sure that your video not only looks good to viewers, but that it looks good to Google, and other search engines. They will make sure your videos and your social media channels are optimized with keywords, links, descriptions, and transcripts of your client testimonial video, so that search engines can find you based on the keywords you want to be found under.
So, as you can see, there are a lot of elements that a professional video production company can bring to making your client testimonial video make you look good and drive sales and traffic for your business.
p>Stuart Mackey of Mackey Productions, LLC has been producing interview-based and testimonial-style videos since 1994. He brings that experience to every production that MAckey Productions, LLC is involved with.